Monday 7 May 2012

Encore 23 Things

I am  revisiting the 23 Things course and hope to get further than last time!!  I started it in June last year but various other things, namely work commitments got in the way and I did not get very far.  I am keen to complete it this time, more as a record of achievement and an acknowledgment of what I already use but also to reflect on how we should include the various tools in our training for students, particularly research students.

My to do list includes updating advice to students on using social media to promote themselves whilst protecting their own privacy; considering social media policy for libraries and how we maintain our online presence, can we ever separate our social, work and professional lives? and finally consider the impact on information literacy - how does the use of social media impact on the use of information?  Not a lot to do then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment